Samsung S9+ (star2lte)
Samsung devices require a few extra steps to install Maru compared to other devices, but if you follow the steps below you should be up and running in no time!
1. Install TWRP
Please carefully follow the official TWRP installation guide for the Samsung S9/S9+ on XDA.
2. Install Maru via TWRP
Download the latest update zip for your device (it will look like
- (Optional) If you would like to restore access to the Play store, you can download a third-party Google Apps zip and install it alongside Maru during this installation process.
Download ARI9 vendor zip
Push the files you downloaded to your device by opening up a terminal (Linux or Mac) or Command Prompt (Windows) and running the following:
$ adb push -p maru-v0.x.y-update-star2lte-xxxxxxxx.zip /sdcard/ $ adb push -p VENDOR-27_ARI9.zip /sdcard/
You can also just download the update zip and vendor zip directly from your device's browser so you don't need to push them from your PC to your device.
Reboot to TWRP custom recovery:
$ adb reboot recovery
You will now be in TWRP recovery.
- Take a complete back-up before proceeding so it's easy to revert back
if needed. Just tap
Swipe to Backup.
Flash the ARI9 vendor zip you downloaded earlier
- Tap the ARI9 vendor zip
- Swipe right to confirm flash of the vendor zip
You must always flash the vendor zip every time you flash a new Maru image, including when you update to a newer build.
Go back and flash the Maru update zip you downloaded earlier
- Tap the Maru update zip (you may need to scroll down)
- Swipe right to confirm flash of the Maru zip
Hit back till you are at the main screen, then
Swipe right to Factory Reset (this will still keep your back-ups on your sdcard)
You may be asked to install SuperSU to root your device. If you know what rooting your device means and want to have it rooted then go ahead. Otherwise, it's best to tap "Do Not Install".
Regardless of your installation method, the first boot will take a few minutes so please be patient.
HDMI Adapters / Docks
- Samsung DeX Pad for S9/S9+ (Amazon)