- Google Pixel (sailfish) has been added to the build roster (thanks @utzcoz). This is an early pre-release build so please help us test to confirm it is stable.
hammerheadFirefox crashes on start-up (blueprints@eb4a1b8)
- Android security patches up through September 2019
- Nexus 6P (angler) has been added to the build roster (thanks @bootlessxfly for the original port). We are looking for a new maintainer for angler - please get in touch on our dev forum if you would like to help out!
- apt upgrade fails when upgrading packages with system user/groups (#110)
hammerheadAudio distortion when using a BT headset for calls (#104)
hammerheadWi-Fi Hotspot (#115)
- Android security patches up through August 2019
- The default resolution on Maru Desktop is now set to 720p for wireless displays. Previously you would need to manually set the desktop resolution from 1080p to 720p for Chromecast to see the whole desktop since that appears to be the max mirroring resolution supported on Chromecast (thanks @utzcoz).
hammerheadFirefox crashes immediately on start-up due to the outstanding Debian armhf bug #909498. Please run
sudo apt install firefox-esr/jessieto downgrade to a working version.
This is the first official release of Maru 0.6 Okinawa! Read the release blog post for all the details.
- The underlying Android platform has been upgraded from Marshmallow (6.0.1) to Oreo (8.1.0).
- Maru has made the transition from AOSP to LineageOS to support more devices.
- Maru Desktop has been upgraded from Debian 8 Jessie to Debian 9 Stretch, bringing you more up-to-date desktop software.
- Support for wireless desktop streaming via Chromecast is included in this release to open up the Maru experience to devices without HDMI support.
- USB keyboards and mice are now supported in Maru Desktop via USB-OTG; this is a great option when using wireless streaming for Maru Desktop.
- Support for dynamic input switching between Android and Maru Desktop is included in this release. Your external keyboards and mice will dynamically switch between providing input for Maru Desktop or Maru Mobile depending on whether an external display is available to interact with your desktop, making it simpler to use your peripherals with Android too when you need it.
- Nexus 5X (bullhead) is now an officially supported device.
- Maru Desktop doesn't always utilize all available CPUs (#58)
- Update Mac installer binaries to fix hang on MBP 2016 (installer#2)
- Fix invalid URL in Linux installer (#73)
- Disable sshd by default on Maru Desktop (#76)
- Lock root account on Maru Desktop (blueprints@89195ff)
- Use secure Maru APT repository for Maru Desktop (blueprints#8)
- Add official builds for the Nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi (flo) (manifest@532f73a, see Nexus 7 thread for porting details)
- Support full-disk encryption (#17)
- Merge AOSP updates for Marshmallow, including security patches through February 1, 2017 (manifest#3, manifest#4, manifest#7, manifest#10). Note that hammerhead's security support period has ended on October 2016, so hammerhead will no longer be receiving kernel patches or blob updates as decribed in our patch policy.
- Upgrade LXC from 1.0.7 to 1.0.9 (platform_external_lxc#2)
- Add a device check to installers to prevent accidentally flashing the wrong image for a device (installer@2856264, installer@d7f4ec0)
- Fix Browser crash when downloading a file (#52)
- Fix root account networking permissions (#60)
- Fix race condition on first boot that occasionally prevented Maru Desktop from starting until a reboot or factory reset (vendor_maruos@f07b712)
- New non-system users created in Maru Desktop are automatically added to the correct groups for networking access and
- Container configuration is now consolidated in a single file
- TMartinPPC: Nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi (flo) support
- NoelMacwan: AOSP updates for Marshmallow, including android-6.0.1_r72, android-6.0.1_r77, and android-6.0.1_r78
- Nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi (flo) builds updated to use minimal Maru Desktop image to free up space on system partition (#66)
- Upgrade from Lollipop (5.1.1_r14) to Marshmallow (6.0.1_r17)
- Enable starting Maru Desktop in the background (no HDMI display needed)
- Add option to improve resolution matching support for non-1080p displays under Settings > Desktop > Tweaks
- Fix desktop screen occasionally showing up on phone display
- Fix DPI issues that sometimes render fonts weirdly
- Enable SSH services in Maru Desktop by default
- Use Firefox ESR as the default browser in Maru Desktop
- Set the root account password to 'root' in Maru Desktop
When upgrading Maru OS without a factory reset (see Upgrading: Option 2), please be aware of the following.
New sdcard access permissions
A new group must be added in Maru Desktop to access the sdcard mount. Assuming the user account is 'maru':
$ sudo addgroup --gid 1015 sdcard_rw $ sudo adduser maru sdcard_rw
After restarting the desktop, the sdcard mount will be accessible again.
Open-source version of v0.2.3.
Note there is no official release since it is basically the same as v0.2.3.
This is the first public release of Maru OS!
- Mount entire sdcard in desktop
- Update desktop image with latest packages
- Fix dropped Bluetooth device key events
- Fix system time defaulting to 1970s on reboot (after network time sync-up)
- Add "Maru version" to Settings > About Phone
- Strip harmless audit logs
- Add HELP.txt instructions to restore gapps from 3rd party
- Strip verbose logging
- Properly format storage for 32GB Nexus 5
- Recover properly from factory resets
- Optimize image size
- Fix app compatibility
- Initial release